The Window Energy Rating Scheme (WERS) is a nationally accredited rating system that provides a scientifically based, fair and credible rating for glazed windows and doors. Energy ratings supplied by WERS are compliant with the National Construction Code and are sufficient in meeting regulatory requirements. All our products are WERS rated.
There are six different levels within the Bushfire Attack Level rating system that classify areas from low to high risk of bushfire. Bushfire prone areas are rated with a BAL of 12.5 or greater, and any structures built within these zones must comply with AS3959, the Australian standard for building in such zones. Your building will have a specific BAL rating, placing it within the range of one of the six levels beginning with ember protection through to withstanding direct flame. We can supply BAL rated products for your unique needs where required.
Summit Window Systems glazed products are guaranteed against defects caused by faulty workmanship or materials for seven years from the final invoice date of the goods. This guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
- The product has been installed in accordance with Australian Standards and recognized building practices
- The product has not been subject to misuse or neglect, and has been cared for as per our recommendations
- ‘Defects’ does not include manufacturing standards and tolerances, or industry variations in the colour of the aluminium finish
- In the case of materials, components or hardware included in our products that are sourced from a third party, it is agreed to by the customer that compensation be first sought with the relevant third party prior to any claims against Summit Window Systems can be made
- No liability will be assumed by Summit Window Systems for damage caused by cleaning solvents or brick cleaning acids used on, around or near the products
- Summit Window Systems limits this guarantee to the repair or replacement of the faulty products at the company’s discretion, and does not extend to the installation or refinishing of a replacement product. No liability is accepted by Summit Window Systems for personal injury, property loss or damage, installation costs, material or other costs (special, consequential or other) howsoever caused or arising and whether direct or indirect
- This guarantee only covers repairs carried out by Summit Window Systems team members or agents authorized by Summit Window Systems
- Claims are required to be made within one month of the defect arising. All relevant information including documentation proving the date of purchase and date/s of when the defect arose should be forwarded through to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your written claim
This guarantee is in addition to any rights in respect to the product to which you are entitled under the Trade Practices Act and any other manufacturer guiding State and Territory Laws